. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
got three tattoos, took care of house plants, started a group for zine event organizers, started a list of zine events, successfully patched spots in the ceiling of my dining room, met Paul’s family in New York, saw Gettysburg.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any so that was easy.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Probably, but I don’t pay much attention to babies because I find them terrifying. My sister did welcome a new dog into her family and that’s about as close as our family gets to babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, Dylan Williams you will be missed.
5. What countries did you visit? Just the US this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
We all want money, right? I’m also planning a trip to the Uk that was supposed to happen last year but didn’t.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None of them seemed too remarkable to remember the exact date: Chicago Zine Fest, Portland Zine Symposium, Richmond Zine Fest.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Putting out 2 podcasts, attending 4 zine fests, making Paul take a long trip with me to the east coast.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not going to the UK, not saving more money, not leaving the house more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nope, but I did get medical insurance for the first time in over a decade.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
travel, my new table in my office, www.stolensharpierevolution.org
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
You-know-who and the you-know-who that dates out with him.
14. Where did most of your money go?
travel, good food, debt
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
zine fests, tattoos, guests, cats!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
No idea. Probably the KJQ themed spotify mix that we listen to a lot.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
happier. last year came in with some baggage.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
written in my notebook, traveled, wrote more zines, wrote down my recipes, home improvement, ride my bike.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
stayed in my house
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with family at the Riverhouse. good times.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Probably my mom. Not because I talk to her a lot, I just really really really hate talking on the phone. If we are going by who we talked to on Skype I”d have to say Steve larder. We chat pretty regularly while we work. I miss that guy!
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I stayed in love.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ugh, I watch too much TV on the internet.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t like the word hate, it gives someone too much power over you. That being said, I find the same person as deplorable this year as I did last year.
26. What was the best book you read?
Probably a witchy book you don’t care about.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A fancy new knife, a remodeled bathroom, a shipping table for my office and various records.
29. What did you want and not get?
A new cook zine that I want to make, the SSR site up and running, people not to steal my mail.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Muppets…I don’t really like movies.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to the Riverhouse with Paul and did absolutely nothing. It was a glorious way to turn 34.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A new bed, more trips to the Rverhouse
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
function over form, style over fashion. Also, dress like you a 6 year old who got to dress themselves if you wanna.
34. What kept you sane?
Paul and Jackie the cat sleeping next to me at night. Also, knowing when to stop.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Occupy was interesting.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a lot of awesome people this year at the Chicago Zine Fest, the Portland Zine Symposium and Paul’s family in New York.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
My porch is not a safe place anymore.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I’m bad at quoting other peoples’ lyrics.