So, when I was in the UK I was talking to Paul on video chat a lot. Right after we got off the computer I got a call back. I guess a huge branch had fallen out of our tree, on to the roof and down the front of the house onto the mail box and fence and blocking the path to the door. I was thousands of miles and 8 time zones away and I couldn’t do anything. What if it had damaged the roof?
Anyway, by the time I got home Paul and Dan had cleared most of the branch away with the help of my chainsaw and stored it for firewood in the basement. The fence rail was bent and the mail box was toasted. This is what I came back to.
Finding a post box that size was really difficult. I ended up going to a rural hardware store up in Battle Ground to find a new one. I continued to place my out going mail in this box held on with a few loose screws and some rust. Eventually we pulled the old one off and the Postal carrier just dropped our mail in the new one on the porch.
Two days ago, on my second trip to Home Depot in one day, paul and I finally bought some concrete mix and a post. Setting post was a lot easier than I tought it would be. I hadn’t done anything with concrete by myself so it wsa neat to see how it worked. We set the post and let it dry then put our new post box up!
Rad! It is also nice to have a working mail box flag. That way I know when the carried has actually picked it up and dropped off new mail.